With Age Calculator online you can get detailed information about your age. Just enter your date and time(optional) of birth and learn your exact age in years, months, days, hours and minutes.
Steps to Calculate Your Age
- In the age calculation form, please select your birth date in "day month year" format.
- If you know your time of birth, select it as "hour" and "minute".
- Time is given in 12-hour format so please don't forget to choose am/pm option.
- For more accurate calculation Age Calculator will detect and select your current time zone. It should be set to the time zone of where you were born. Please make sure it's right.
- Now it’s time to learn the truth. Hit the button and have fun. Wish you a happy healthy long life!
Do you wonder, how old are you in days?
Visit My Age in Days Calculator to calculate your age in total number of days.
Age of a Person
Age of a person is a period of time calculated since the moment the person was born till the current (or any other certain) moment of time. Usually, the age of a person is understood as the number of years that he or she lived on earth. In a broader meaning, the age of any creature (whether a person, or an animal, or a plant, or a vegetable, etc.) has a meaning of the duration of its being alive.
Certainly, age has significant effects on person’s life and mind. There are certain age stages, which people go through during their life. They include the following:
- Infancy (from 0 to 3 years old). This is the earliest stage, which includes learning the first things about this world and mastering some basic skills and abilities. Babies and toddlers show significant physical growth and development, they learn getting up, walking, and usually talking during this stage.
- Early childhood (from 3 to 6 years). This stage is characterized by a significant mental development and obtaining a lot of information about the world around. The stage is also known as pre-school stage.
- Childhood (from 6 to 11). During this stage, children start their schooling period, and the go through the most rapid and significant growth, both physically and mentally. This is the period of time when the children acquire the most of their basic communication, social, technical, and other vital skills.
- Adolescence (from 11 to 19). Known also as teenage hood, this stage can be considered one of the most important for personal development of every individual since it the time for the most effective and productive education. This is also the stage when biological changes in the body cause plenty of emotional, sexual, social, and cultural changes in the person’s development.
- Early adulthood (from 20 to 35). This is the period of time when a person makes the most important decisions, choices, achievements, and developments in his or her life. This is the time when education is completed and a person is starting and developing a career. It is usually the period of time when most of the people are starting their families, establishing their circle of friends and social circles, etc.
- Midlife (from 36 to 50). During this period of time a person usually looks at the first results of the life activities, realizes the importance of various things in life, and enjoys own achievements and accomplishments. A famous concept of midlife crisis takes place on this stage, which becomes a special examination for a person’s psychological stability and maturity.
- Late adulthood (from 50 to 75). This stage of life is accompanied with the developing negative effects of aging, linked with increasing health problems, inabilities to experience certain things in life anymore, losing friends and loved ones, etc. Late adulthood is linked with acceptance, patience, tolerance, humility, and caring acceptance.
- Old ages (above 75). It is the stage when some common body functions start shutting down, sometimes making people be in need of special constant care and support. This is the time when we understand the value of living.
Thus, our life is a chain of the above mentioned age stages, which follow one another and cause numerous changes in our personal, physical, mental, social, sexual, and other parts of life. It is very important to be aware and prepared to living the latest stages of our life, which are linked to numerous problems, declines, and inabilities.
Certainly, our age is not just biological, but also a psychological concept. During our life, we live a number of crises, change our ideas and opinions about this world and people living in it, we live through plenty of troubles and learn to open new horizons in our life. We grow and develop, and rise to the next age stage, looking for new experiences and new opportunities in this life.
Age of a person is closely linked to such a concept as aging, which is a natural biological process which is defined by the person’s genetics and individuality. During our life, our body goes through the general process of aging and more specific processes of aging and renovation of certain parts and systems of our body. Biological aging of a human is connected with such biological processes and metabolism, possible diseases and traumas, physical condition of our body systems and organs.
From the point of aging process, it is believed that a human body goes through two general stages: development (which starts in the moment of our birth and ends up closer to 40-45 years) and decline (which begins at about 40-45 and ends up with biological death). Therefore, most of the specialists agree to the fact that physical aging takes place during the second phase of our life, the decline. Unfortunately, the realities of our modern life and such factors as extreme stresses, horrible ecology and numerous environmental problems, increasing number of infections, diseases, and ailments, etc. make the phenomenon of premature aging quite common nowadays.
In every person, aging process is strictly individual and depends on plenty specific factors, including the person’s genetics, physical and health conditions, specifics of work, living environment, social position, personal development, resistivity and abilities to manage stresses, and many many more. That is why too often our body and health condition may fall out of common correspondence to our biological age. Some people feel and look young when they are in their early 40s, and some people look old and too exhausted with this life in their early 30s.
Lifespan is understood as duration of life of a human or an animal, or any living organism. In theory, lifespan concept has something to do with all kinds of things and objects, not only living creatures. For example, it is possible to speak about the lifespan of a furniture piece, or a lifespan of a business project. However, in human sciences the concept of lifespan is linked to average human lifespan, which is a changing variable and can be defined for a specific area or a certain country.
Life Expectancy Index is an important indicator showing the average lifespan of the people living in one or another country of the world. It is influenced by a large number of factors, including health care quality, social and demographic development of the country, people’s wellbeing and life quality, environmental situation, etc. Usually, it is calculated separately for men and women (and it was found out that women commonly live longer than men), but sometimes only average indexes are taken into consideration.
Thus, the longest lifespan is estimated to be in people who live in Hong Kong, with the Life Expectancy Index (LEI) equal to 84 years. The county is followed by Japan (LEI is 83.5), and Singapore (LEI is 83). In Europe, the countries with the highest index are Italy (LEI is 83.1), Switzerland (LEI is 83), Spain and Iceland (LEI is equal to 82.6 for both of the countries). Both Australia and Israel have LEI close to 82.4, in Canada LEI is 82, and for South Korea and New Zealand the index is between 81.8 and 81.9. In the United States of America, the Life Expectancy Index is estimated to be 79.1, and in the United Kingdom it is close to 80.7 years.
The Life Expectancy Index is defined by the World Health Organization. Certainly, due to such factors as improving and increasing quality of health care, new modern medical technologies and approaches, improving life quality, declined child mortality, globalization, etc., life expectancy around the world is rising. Thus, it is estimated that starting from the beginning of the last century, the life expectancy in the United Kingdom almost doubled.
Why Do I Need an Age Calculator?
You may ask yourself, why do I need an age calculator?
The answer may lie beneath. Curiosity may take you to this website.
We can calculate your age with a perfect accuracy. You can learn you age even in minutes.
Is Age Calculator Website Secure?
Sure, Age Calculator Online website is protected by the SSL security technology.
Your age information is in the encrypted connection.
Does Age Calculator Website Store My Birthday Information?
No. We do not store any of your birthday or age information.